I have so many stories … because here's the thing.... It is really beyond the dental care provided. The dental care AND the dental team represent the love of the community to these veterans. Help one veteran in your community – anywhere in the country, as a dentist or not. When you give back, it comes around.
Now with more than 680 volunteer dentists across 34 states, E4V continues to expand its network, serving 60 to 70 individuals annually. Applications have increased 543% this year, and E4V’s extensive waiting list underscores the urgent need for more dental professionals to lend their support.
One veteran expressed gratitude for his treatment and follow-up care by sending Theresa his Iraq service coin -- a meaningful reminder that E4V’s work goes beyond dental care to represent love and support for veterans who often feel isolated or left behind.
Everyone for Veterans Stats
- In 2022, E4V served 204 people – 40% veterans, 60% spouses and children, including 75 veterans and six spouses requiring comprehensive dental treatment
- Top 5 quality of life improvements for those served by E4V: confidence, appearance, ability to chew, reduced anxiety, healthier habits
- E4V volunteers have donated more than $1M in dental care over 5 years
- E4V partners with 103 individual champions, 50 agencies and organizations, 651 businesses nationwide
- 856 hours of volunteer support
U.S. Veteran Facts
- The VA usually does not provide dental benefits unless a veteran was 100% service disabled.
- Combat veterans often describe returning to civilian life as more difficult than combat itself.
- Most combat veterans suffer from post-traumatic stress disorder and/or traumatic brain injuries.
- 22 veterans commit suicide every day. That’s more than those who die while in combat.
Health Equity Heroes
Meet the 2023 Health Equity Heroes
Bridget Saffold, MSN, MPH, RN
Founder, Focus on Diabetes
Executive Director and CEO, Sacramento District Dental Society and Foundation
Christina T. Rosenthal, DDS, MPH
Founder, Determined to be a Doctor Someday (DDS)
Gail Tessier Brown, JD, MSW
Director, NH Oral Health Coalition
Joel Bervell, MD Candidate
Social Media Medical Educator, Washington State University
Vice President of Integrative Program Development and Clinical Innovation, Commonwealth Care Alliance
Richard C. Black, DDMS, MS
Rick and Ginger Francis Endowed Dean, Woody L. Hunt School of Dental Medicine & Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center El Paso
Tammy Simmons, MS, CCC-SLP
Co-Founder, Executive Director, ACCESS
The newsletter designed for anyone who wants to improve oral health for themselves, their families, customers or communities.